Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

The title of this blog gives away my age. I remember watching the original series Star Trek when and as it happened. I also remember watching in reruns. I still love it. Yesterday I watched a rerun of "The Big Bang Theory" where Sheldon is given a "mint in box" toy transporter from the original series. During a dream his tiny Spock character talks to him and acts as his conscience. First he convinces him to play with the toy, after all is was designed for play so logically it should be played with. So Sheldon plays with it. Then while playing with it he breaks it. He then swaps his broken toy for his friend Leonard's "mint in box" transporter. Again tiny Spock acts as his conscience. I think it would be nice to have a tiny Spock for my conscience UNTIL he goes against my grain. It's hard enough to have one's own soul to deal with, let alone someone who in the fantasy world is capable of making purely logical decisions. Logic doesn't always work for me. There are time when I act led of my flesh. Those Rolos, Reese's peanut butter cups and Pepsis sure talk to my flesh. Then there are times when I'm very focused on God and I can respond to the Spirit and tell my logic and flesh to take a back seat. At any rate, today when I should be balancing checkbooks statements I'm taking time to write in my long forgotten blogs. Why? Because a blogger I follow mentioned that he hadn't written in his for a week. It's been a whole lot longer for me.

I'm busy these days with the business of love. I have a very special man in my life these days. We spend every moment we can together. Whether we're eating out, working in the garden or on our mutual homes, we're together. It's funny how you don't want to do regular things when you have someone you love to do other things.

I love writing so being that he is headed out of town for a couple of days, I'd much rather write here than balance checkbooks. For now I'm doing my passion rather than my have tos. I know that my next job will be to turn my office computer on and add months of checks that haven't yet made their way into my Quicken program. Then who knows what I'll do. My motivation is down for work because my beloved is gone. I better get busy in spite of the low motivation. He'll be back before I know it.

Was just thinking of the benefit of having a tiny Spock. When I don't like the outcome of his tiny advice I can blame him! I'm sure I'll do what's right for today, but just in case I may have to go shopping on Amazon and see if I can buy my own tiny Spock.


No comments:

Post a Comment