Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stirred Up and Fired Up

When a child of God is earth bound it is a horrible thing. It means that a spiritual child is bound like a slave to the earth or earthly things, when he/she should be soaring with the Spirit of God. When the chains are broken loose and the constraints removed, the freedom that follows is an awesome thing.

I remember when I was bound to cigarettes. I had smoked for 15 years when I decided enough was enough. I knew I couldn't quit, but I had no clue if God would deliver me. I stepped out in total trust and told Him, "God I need to quit smoking, but I know that I can not do it. What must I do to be delivered from them?" I heard Him give me specific instructions and I did exactly what He told me to do. What He told me to do had NOTHING to do "naturally speaking" with quitting, but my obedience to His instructions freed me completely. Within three days I was completely free from cigarettes. Much like the woman with the issue of blood who touched the fringes of Yeshua/Jesus' prayer garment, I said in myself, "If I just do what He told me I shall be made free". The woman with the issue of blood knew that if she let anyone know she was in the crowd, she would have been stoned. It was the penalty for bleeding and not crying out, "Unclean, unclean". She had to be willing to die in order to live. She gave up everything to live. Normally if I had quit smoking "cold turkey" I would have heard in my head, "You're going to die if you don't get a cigarette". To obey God in this thing meant I had to be willing to face the withdrawal of not smoking and be ok with it. I NEVER had any withdrawal symptoms, but I didn't know that would be the case. I obeyed God and it was as if I had never smoked in the first place. Now whenever I smell cigarette smoke or see someone smoke I say, "Thank you Lord for delivering me from cigarettes."

Today I'm experiencing a freedom in spirit I haven't felt in years. To be released more each day to know the intimacy of a relationship with a living God goes beyond words.

As the hart panteth for the water brooks so my soul longeth after thee...

This is what I'm experiencing today. I'm so happy God has a bigger plan than the plan the adversary has tried to get me to accept as my "fate". Bah Humbug! 

I don't know how those who don't have a personal walk with God do it. To just have life on the most rudimentary levels is so dissatisfying to me. To reach for the heavens and have God touch you back is wonderful. It feels like a death when you first let go, but the rewards of seeking His kingdom are truly more than marvelous.

Do not be satisfied with your everyday life. When you hunger for the things of this world and when you achieve them, you will come away hungry again, but when you reach for God and He fulfills your destiny with His precious Holy Spirit you are so full you are overflowing.

Selah (Hebrew for stop and chew on this)!

Cerise

No comments:

Post a Comment