Saturday, April 9, 2011

Simple Things

I am enjoying a quiet morning here at my little corner desk. I can hear my three baby ducklings out in their new yard. I hear birds talking back and forth to one another. I hear the distant buzz of a foreign car starting its engine and driving off. And I hear my refrigerator humming through its cycles.

I find it odd that these things help me stay calm and focused in such trying times. The world is a scary place most of the time. I know at every time and place in my life there have been things that could overwhelm my soul IF I allowed them. I'm glad I have the truth of God's word to center my soul. "He will keep him (or her) in perfect peace if his mind is stayed on Him (God).

The wonder of God and His handiwork is normally seen in nature and its beauty and awe. God spoke and created everything we see, smell, hear, taste and feel. He placed him in a garden and gave him dominion over all the work of His hands. Then man screwed it up and sold out to the complexity of being in charge. We like being in charge, but how can one who is so limited in scope (in himself) be in charge of anything? Adam clearly was clueless after separated from God. He hid behind leaves and in the dark. He turned into an accuser when he had been the son of God.

So here I am, quiet, alone and glad that I have made God through His Son, the God of my world. He is God of the universe, but only if trusted will He get into the affairs of men. He gives us authority, but using it takes some real divine guidance and intervention when used improperly.

I rejoice today knowing that this whole mess we live in can only go so far. God won't allow us to self destruct. He has set limits and boundaries and can even speed up time if needs be! I'm sure glad I can focus on the simpler things of everyday living knowing that really my focus is on God; on my Father. He is God and He's the best one for the job. He's a good Father and He gives good gifts.

Selah (rest and meditate)

No comments:

Post a Comment