Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Morning

It's weird to entitle a page "Tuesday Morning" as in our part of the world "Tuesday Morning"is a store, but it is indeed Tuesday morning for just a few more moments. I'm knocking off the items on my "to do" list and thought I'd take a rabbit trail and blog. I've updated my blog settings and am using a newer editor. I don't like changes, but force myself to take them so I don't grow stagnant.

I'm reading a great book, "The Sacred Ordinary" and enjoying it so much.  A young single Christian woman, Leigh McLeroy wrote it and also has a blog that she updates each Wednesday. I look forward to reading tomorrow's submission. Her book and blog are all about finding the sacred in everyday living. She has a great way of sharing her vision of sacred in the simple and mundane things of life. Her blog is great: http://www.wednesdaywords.com/ and I love to share it wherever I go.

I'm also reading an entertaining but strange book, "The Lady in the Palazzo" by Marlena De Blasi. The woman is a chef, married to an Italian man, and recounts her life in Italy. I'm taking the book really slow. First because it's not a simple read. I hate missing wonderful details because I rush through, so I read a chapter when I can and then even reread chapters when I especially love them. The book is about adjusting oneself to another cultural way of living rather than demanding an entire ancient culture adapt to you. I look forward to finding her other books and reading them as well.

I found both the books I'm reading at dollar stores. I love it when I find good books at great discounts. I suggest if you read this and are interested in finding the same books for a good price you look at Amazon.com or alibris.com.

I also thought I'd share two pictures of my baby animals. First a picture of my ducklings just after we bought them. They are presently twice as big! The second picture is of our newest female kid. Her name is "Flicker" because she moves around the pen like a firefly! I love the white blaze on her forehead.


No comments:

Post a Comment