Friday, May 13, 2011

National Scrapbook Day Projects

The NSD Gang 2011
I really had a great time in Roswell last week. It's hard to believe that a week has passed since I was at "Imagine That's" NSD Fiesta 2011. There were about 35 of us there and I know we all came away with some neat projects and great memories. My Minds Eye sent KC, Jason and Nick to help us with all the great projects.

My sweet friend Gloria went with me and we had fun sharing stories with a few of the gals, messing with the guys and creating and crafting. Of course we had fun shopping too. We discovered a new Asian restaurant (Yummo) and did way too much laughing and talking and way too little sleeping. Isn't that what girls do?
Glo and I create together.

Dene and Krista welcomed us with open arms. Of course the store is so much fun. I just took a trip to HL and told hubby. "If Imagine That had been in Roswell when we lived there you would never have convinced me to move to Texas." Every store pales in comparison. So it's back to the Internet to look for more MME products. I love their "Lush" series albums and papers. The velvet flocking comes in several colors. We used the turquoise and orange ones and the album is one of my new favorites. I will be looking for others.

Our four greeting cards. 
I've fallen in love with "My Minds Eye" goodies. KC, Jason and Nick brought kits from MME and we put together some really awesome projects. We did a two page layout Friday. We did four greeting cards Saturday morning, a mini album (my FAV) and three canvasses. I didn't much like the canvas project, so I did my own thing. They turned out so neat I asked KC for a spare sheet of the Stella Rose "So Sweet" paper so I could do a fourth canvas back at home.

I look forward to attending again next year and will put my reservation in early so I don't get bumped from the rolls. What a blast.

Lush 2 Album
On of the best things about this event was the freedom to "do your own thing". The guys from MME are all salesmen, so though they had great projects that were completely ready for us to follow the very clear instructions, they gave us the go ahead to create and make the projects our own. I don't like having my projects look like everyone elses so I really appreciated the freedom. 

Stella and Rose canvases
If you get an opportunity to travel through Roswell, NM do not hesitate to see if the store is open. You will be overwhelmed at all the projects, but don't worry, you'll get over it. Make sure and take a list of things you're looking for and ask one of the gals if they have it. Chances are good they do and they will be able to show you right where it's at. The store is the largest in North America and you will definitely have fun perusing the aisles. I know I do and my hubby travels through twice a month and fills my "want" list and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment