Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cravings

There is a voice calling to me from the fridge. It's a subtle little voice, but at this moment it feels like it's screaming at me. Neatly wrapped in sparkly silver aluminum foil is part of a cranberry orange loaf of quick bread. I made it yesterday to quell my hubbie's insatiable sweet tooth. Answer me this. How does a man that wears dentures have a sweet tooth? I think with his pretty white pain free mouth full of teeth, his sweet tooth has actually grown. Before his teeth hurt him so badly he hesitated when faced with the thought of the pain more sugar would cause him. At any rate I baked a loaf of sweet quick bread and filled it with homemade cranberry preserves. I had a slice with tea this morning and was surprised at just how moist and yummy it was. So now the memory of its soft sweet goodness is making my tummy growl for another morsel or three of its homemade tastiness. It's nothing but a craving, but how vocal can one craving be? Pretty loud that's for sure. I'm planning on a snack in another twenty minutes. I'll make a cup go decaf vanilla chai latte and indulge Missy Craving with her heart's desire. Better get busy so I don't partake before my snack time.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment