Thursday, March 13, 2014

Slide Show Memories

 I was raised in the 60s and so my memories from childhood were kept on wheels with a hundred slides. My dad would load carousels of pictures in his slide projector, set up the screen in the living room, and we'd remember events in our past. Of course mom would pop popcorn and make hot cocoa with Jetpuffed marshmallows! We didn't have DVDs or even videos; we had still shots of a given second of a two week long trek to Montana (the place my parents met).

Most of our memories are still shots just like those slides daddy flashed.  The only difference is daddy provided the narration along with some kibbutzing from mom and us kids. Today we (the artsy section of the population) scrapbook those snapshots of time. The art of Scrapbooking has evolved to a finer art. In my childhood I would paste (yes literally paste) pictures in a big scrapbook made with construction paper pages. I didn't consider if the paper was acid free, lignin free, or whatever free paper. I just slapped my token of the time in my scrapbook and went on. Of course the whole affair wasn't complete until I tasted the sweet paste. Hey don't judge me, we ALL ate paste back then.

I'm still not a meticulous CROPPER, that's the official name for those who scrapbook. I love SMASH books for just that reason. No rules!

I've written all this to share a blog website that offers stills of vintage pictures to use in your artsy fartsy projects. They are offered free, and free is good. http://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com/vintageimages.html. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment