Thursday, October 13, 2011

Broken Hearted

I've been widowed now for 18 days and it isn't easy. I miss my husband and think of him often. He was far from perfect, but God gave him to me and I loved him with every bit of my heart. He is gone from me and the adjustment is excruciating. He was much sicker than I knew and it hurts me deeply that he was unable to express the depths of despair he was in. BUT he no longer suffers and I must move on.

I have always been committed to the work of God. While I was married to Jeff he was my focus. He knew how much I lived for and loved him, but God's will was always the compelling force behind my love. I hate sin because it kills, steals and destroys the lives of God's precious children. My heart was constantly for my husband to walk in his call with strength and holy integrity. My desire put a great deal if pressure on a man who had passions like all men. God forgive me if I was not led by His will for my husband.

Today I find peace in His written word as well as that which He speaks to me. I will share the passages I was led to and should you be in a broken place, perhaps you will find comfort as well.

Isaiah 57:15 for thus saith the High and lofty One that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy. I dwell in the high and holy place, with him (or her) also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

We are told to "guard our hearts" for out of them proceed all the issues of life. Faith and all other fruits of the spirit are from our hearts or spirits. When we are wounded in heart by offenses, cares, worries, lusts and sin we need healing and restoration. An untended heart becomes a hardened heart. A hardened heart cannot hear thus no faith. Submitting to God for this sort of healing and restoration is a must.

The other passages I am meditating on are: Isaiah 66:2, Psalm 51:7, and 34:18. I trust you will take the time to look these up and feed your heart!

Blessings

Cerise


- love never fails...

No comments:

Post a Comment