Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Unseen Husband

If you are a strong woman, others tend to think you never struggle or have needs, but that just isn't so. In order to become a strong woman I've had to press through what seemed like impossible situations and put my entire trust on a God I cannot see. The first time I did this I thought I would die, but God saw me through and He continues to do so every difficult moment I face.

Today is the one week "anniversary" of my husband going home to be with God. I'm not crying this moment, but I'm pretty sure I'm not through crying. I am very blessed to have hundreds of friends and a few family (blood) members that uplift me in a thousand ways, but when everyone goes on about the business of living and I am left to myself I will do what I have always done, and that is trust the unseen Creator for my very breath.

My life has had it's share of sorrows, disappointments, and devastating situations, but I have a peace that runs deep in my soul. I know my God in a truly intimate way. As Isaiah 54 says, "I am your husband", so has the Lord become mine.

I sometimes ask God how people make it who do not know Him, or who merely know about Him, and He is quick to remind me that they don't "make it". They may give off all the noise of success, but in the end they end up bitter, broken and in bondage.

I have learned (by experience) to embrace suffering when it comes. I can only do this after many previous opportunities at handling impossible situations WITH God and His word as my bedrock. He is truly the strength of my life and my portion forever.

I have also learned that God's word is a living thing. Not only does He uses it to provide answers for those who trust it, He created everything we see and know by it. He truly upholds everything by the word of His power.

I continue to go forward because I am compelled to do so. The zeal of God consumes me, it burns within my soul. I can't go the way of most widows, but must trust and obey my unseen husband.

Selah.


Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment