Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ultimate Makeover

As the years tick away in my life I've seen a change in the reflection in the mirror, but I must remember that the face I see in the mirror isn't me. The face I see in the large oval mirror in my bathroom is merely the aging earth suit I wear while on earth. The real me is hidden deep within and is the person God is working on.

I have a Basic English Bible up in my attic somewhere. It holds a favorite verse and that translation has a precious place in my heart. 2 Chronicles 24:13 "So the workmen did their work, making good what was damaged and building up the house of God till it was strong and beautiful again."

The body I live in has been damaged by the storms of life. The Body of Christ is damaged goods, but it is God who is working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. We are the house of God and He wants us to become the manifested sons of God.

As we submit ourselves to the word of God He is transforming us into His likeness. His goal is to make us strong and beautiful. He is remaking the hidden man of the heart.

When I look in the mirror I remind myself that this outer "man" will also be transformed one day. It is our hope and the last redemption we will know!


- love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment