Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Workmen Did Their Work

There is a verse in Chronicles that says, "The workmen did their work building the house of God till it was strong and beautiful again". Not sure where it is, but I remember finding that verse years ago and thinking how wonderful a verse! It was written ages ago, but speaks to me if a future and perpetual hope.

I refuse to hear all the dark talk of today and refuse to let it color my heart. I've suffered through much loss in my life, but again refuse to let it have a negative effect upon my heart. God is bigger than anything I've ever suffered!

I always tell folks when I see a pile of pooh I'm looking for a pony close by! God is the great creator, He gave Adam command to go and REplenish the earth. His job was to multiply and refill the earth. To redo something tells me something was here before and has to be redone. So it continues to be. We are called to take what we are given and invest our gifts in rebuilding the broken places, the broken things and most importantly the broken people.

God manifested His son (starting in Adam) to destroy the works of the adversary. The enemy came to steal, to kill and to Destroy! BUT greater is he (God by His Spirit) that is in us than the god of this earthly world.

I'm a northerner from working folks. My natural heritage and people were never slothful. I'm a workman. I am tempted to be short with lazy or selfish people. I want to see the house of God strong and beautiful again.

If I could do anything to bolster the Body of Christ it would be to let them know that God was fully aware of all that was coming our way in these last days. He hasn't run out of power or resources and He has even said that the wicked lay up treasures for the last days.

I remind myself this when things look bleak! God is great at redoing, second chances and hope in the midst of the worst situations. He is with us in trouble. I think He rather enjoys a good "sticky wicket" as the Brits would say. He delights in seeing us bookended between the Red Sea and pharaoh! Why? Because the deliverance will be without a doubt from Him!

Except the Lord build a house they labor in vain...Psalm 127:1


- love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment