Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hubby Time

Today was another good day. I had intended to work on cleaning, organizing and playing in my scrapbook space, but when I realized hubby had plans of cleaning out my former scrapbook shed I ditched my plans. I know his heart and he would have put EVERYTHING in boxes, including the trash. So I dumped about 75% of the old paper, boxes, stuff, scraps and things I knew would just collect in corners in my new space. "Chilly's Shed" will soon be "Reese's Wash House".

We live pretty modestly. Though we have two houses, we live in one that is only 550 sq. ft. In it is a bathroom, bedroom, family room, kitchen, dining room and laundry room. It's rather like living in an apartment in New York City except its style is 50s Tex-Mex. My family room furniture is from 1954. It has wagon wheels and a lovely fiesta stripe upholstery in place of the old turquoise vinyl with the horse head!

I love bright colors (hey I'm half Swedish) so the walls in the major part of the house are mustard yellow. My hubby's favorite color is yellow. Mine is red. I have shades of red laced all through the majority of the house. The bathroom is very different; stainless steel, pressed tin, shades of gray, blue and brown with a sea and nautical theme. It is very masculine with hints of filigree and fancy thrown in for my comfort. We call our place our "honeymoon cottage". It's lived and loved in!

Anyway, the laundry and water heater are going to be moved into the wash house making room for cupboards and storage. Then after everything gets moved out, we get to tile the floor in the family room and dining/kitchen area! Yay!!! We've had the tile quite a while. We recently bought the thin set, grout and tile saw to finish the job. We're rather in a hurry to get things done so we can floor it before the really cold weather sets in. Otherwise we're looking at next year.

After we got our "have tos" done we had lunch at the hamburger place you wish would change its name, "Fuddruckers". I had coupons from the fair so we enjoyed a nice savings and some tasty beef for our lunch. We then attempted to find homes for some of my recently purged wardrobe. Goodwill and Salvation Army wouldn't take clothing. Hubby went searching for another place he knew about and ended up at another Salvation Army that would take them. It's sad that laws and government regulations have made it so hard to help the poor. Sign of the biblical times we live in. John you sure were right on in your prophecy!

I came home and dug out a new book I'd been reading. I knew I'd finish it today which didn't make me very happy. Reading as fast as I do can be a bummer. I've got a few pages left so I'm making myself NOT read it until right before bed. I don't indulge in fiction very often, but really enjoy a good mystery sans gore.

I later went out and treated my chickens to their afternoon snacks and picked up a few eggs. My chickens aren't laying well as they are in different stages of molting. One chicken who has looked almost naked is covered with hard little spikes; the precursors to feathers. I can't imagine how painful it is to have a feather come piercing through your skin. Ouch!

It has been a good day. Hubby went and got salad and pizza for dinner. I'm making chocolate mousse for dessert. Next we'll sit out and watch the sun set, play with our goat boyz and chase our ducks around the little yard. It will be another blessed day. It started out one way, but with a little adjustment it has become something completely different and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment