Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Funnies


OK, so this post has nothing to do with the Sunday Funny papers. I don't even get the paper. When I paid to have it delivered on Sundays I rarely got it. It ended up being frustrating. The only reason I entitled this blog that is because I'm thinking of reminiscing about bygone times. I remember my folks getting the Oakland Tribune and the ONLY thing I ever paid any attention to was the Sunday funnies. Mom did the crossword and dad read all the "boring" news. I remember the yucky sensation I got when I touched a newspaper. I thought to myself, "WHY would anyone make the paper feel so terrible?" I now understand that papers are made of rags and wood pulp. Recycling has always been the way of the daily and weekly papers.

Today I head over to my scrapbook space and work on the other side of my space. I'm really determined to make the space a working space and not just a storage space. I am also working on the kid's classroom. I may purge the little kid stuff to donate to a certain sister who is in the process of starting a daycare in far away Wyoming. We'll see if she wants any of it.

So I'm going to eat lunch and then head over. I've taken care of the farm animals and my dog and cat. I've talked to my friend in Belarus and I have run out of excuses to stay here. Time to get my fanny in gear and get some more work done. I will probably clean up my message board. It's covered with photos of my mom and dad from the past. I love looking at them as I have many good memories I've been focusing on. Oh my kid and her babes are there too. I miss them so much. Words can't even express how much.

Well, off to work I go. It's been a good morning and I'm looking forward to a good afternoon as well.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment