Friday, February 25, 2011

The Fixer in Me

I am a lot like my mother, I like to fix things that are broken and make them new again. I basically live by that pull in my life. There are some things that just can't be fixed. People are things that are broken that can only be "fixed" if they want to be fixed. This seemingly is one lesson I have been stuck learning and have yet to master. I can't fix and am not responsible to fix someone who doesn't want fixed or helped.

Today my heart is telling me that if I ONLY do what God tells me to do my life would be a whole lot easier. If I would JUST keep this in my mind's eye and keep my heart fixed on Him I'd be a lot better off. It's hard when you want to be involved in someone's life, but they don't want you in theirs. No matter how much you love that person, if they want to remain aloof you have to let them. You can't force someone to love or interact with you.

So today, though my soul is screaming "put your hands on this mess" I'm not going to. I'm going to focus on things above and not the mess. I'm going to trust God to woo the person who is standing alone in the corner like some unloved and unwanted child. I'm going to enjoy life and its many blessings rather than focus on one small negative thing. I can't let the black hole the other person has chosen to live in the power to suck me in.

God is the ultimate fixer. Though my husband and I are so sad about the situation, we have so many things to be thankful for. Those are the things we are focusing on. God is working in us both to will and to do of HIS good pleasure. He is love and His perfect love casts out fear. So with that in mind we're focusing on His light, His love, His perfect gifts and His grace. He gave each person the ability to choose. I don't want someone to be forced to love me, so I won't force anyone into a corner.

Let go and let God is all I can do today.

I will to let God bring reconciliation without force or pressure.

I will rest in Him. He is a good Father and He loves me with a perfect love.

Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment