Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Too Cold for Comfort


Ok, I used to think it would be lovely to live up north where it snows during the winter, but today I've come to the conclusion that I needed my head examined back when I believed that. It's too cold here in our little home. I'm wearing more clothes than I normally do and my right arm is chilled to discomfort. My animals are all outside cold and looking at them in the snow makes me cold and tempted to bring them indoors. No, I'm not going to give into the stupid temptation I just won't look at them too much. They have hutches, corrals and barns to go into should they choose to. They also have fur to keep them warm and a nice thick layer of fat to insulate them. I too have a nice thick layer of fat, but it doesn't seem to be doing the job I would like it to do.

I just took a look outside and it appears my goats, ducks and chickens are smarter than I gave them credit for. They are NOT out in the snow.

I snapped a picture through my kitchen screened window. Ignore the grid and you'll see cold and more cold.

I prayed for moisture, but I was thinking more on the lines of rain.

Putting a second sweatshirt on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment