Friday, February 4, 2011

iPhone Fixed

My iPhone became a brick yesterday. I calmly realized it was time to begin transferring photos from my phone to my email so that I wouldn't lose my photos. I was erroneously told that iPhones can not hold anything in the memory once the battery is removed. I laboriously moved 200 pictures from my phone and deleted close to 700 pictures as well. I have had the new battery sitting on my desk in the bedroom for quite a while, but just haven't had the guts to change it. When the battery would no longer hold a charge I HAD to do something. It took me all day to move my pictures and then delete them. I then told my husband about the "brick" status of my phone. After lunch we began the scary process of taking the phone apart and replacing the dead battery with the new one. It took about 2 1/2 hours in total. There are so many tiny screws, cables and connectors in an iPhone I was basically holding my breath as my hubby removed each thing.

I could tell about half way through the process I was not much help and actually hindering my husband. I decided to sit down with a novel I've been reading and just get out of the way. While my husband was sweating over my phone the house phone rang. The caller ID said, "Cerise Welter"! My husband was calling the house phone from the iPhone! Yay!!!

The rumors of losing all my personal data once we took the phone apart were grossly exaggerated. The only thing I lost were the 700 pictures I deleted. Most weren't very important, but I'm so glad I have the good ones on my computer. I know there was a slim chance I could have lost them all, so a pound of prevention was a ton of cure!

My only regret? Hubby had my bright red magnifying glasses on and I didn't get a picture of him. He looked so funny. I will hold the memory in my mind because I so value what he did for me. I'll pull it up when I need a laugh.

Now I just have to charge the new battery and I'll be back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment