Friday, March 11, 2011

More Babies

I was up at 4:00AM this morning and heard my "expecting" hen having a fit. I was in my jammies so decided to give her a few moments and then IF she made more noise go check and see. She quieted down, but Rosie (the dad rooster guy) crowed. I didn't know then, but this morning when I went to go check on Azzie I discovered at least four of her fifteen eggs had hatched. Azzie puffed up like a cobra when I got too near and made her "I'm gonna get you" warning.

I ran back to the house to capture the first pictures of our new babes. How lovely to have four more babies on the farm. Our grandkids are coming Sunday and I know they will be so happy to see the new additions. I can hear Zippy now, "Can I hold one grandma?"

Life on the farm is NEVER boring and today it's extra busy. Gracie is acting like she's about to "kid out" and we're enjoying fuzzy "Courty".

Sunday we will be saying goodbye to two of our goats as they have new homes as pets. Jeff and I aren't so good at butchering our babies so decided to find them homes. Pal and Yael are moving to Penwell to live as lovers at their new home. It will be a sweet sorrowful day. I'm glad they will be pets and not end up on someone's barbecue.

Friday is a good day to be born or hatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment