Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break Begins

It's quiet here on the farm. The A/C is running and I can hear a dull thud in the background as laundry is drying in the wash house, but the noise of small children is gone.

Hubby and the grandkids are on their way to Littlefield where SIL Avi is meeting them to pick up the kids and taking them home to Amarillo.

We had a fun filled time. Every spare second was full of activity. Now I've cleaned up most of the mess, started doing laundry and vacuumed. I still have the bathroom to clean and then I can settle back into our quiet routine.

Will I miss the kids? Unbelievably. Do I already miss them? Totally. Will they miss us? Undoubtedly.

This is the first time I didn't have every second planned out for our time together. I just let happen what would happen. I'm satisfied that it went well. I didn't grocery shop like crazy. I didn't buy gobs of cookies and candy, yet I had both. We went to Chuck E. Cheese with another family and it was fun. We ate out a couple of times, but we also ate in and ate what grandma fixed without incident. We watched too many episodes of Spongebob, but we lived to tell about it. GRANDPA recorded a bunch of Spongebob, iCarly and Penguins of Madagascar for the kids to watch. We even got to have lunch at Cracker Barrel and got Webkinz. We had no major strife and no fist fights between the two grandchildren! (Thank you Abba!)

I didn't get enough sleep, but I wasn't even freaked out about it. I took only one small nap the first full day the kids were here. I knew I'd get naps when they left.

They got to play farm by loving a baby goat, feeding the big goats, chasing the big goats, holding baby chicks, feeding chickens, chasing and feeding ducks and doing farm chores.

My granddaughter was very helpful; she folded clothes, help me do the actual laundry, prepare and cook meals. My grandson got to have his share of computer time and TV time; a luxury item for a nine year old. We got lots of cuddle and tickle time. There was lots of socializing with three other kids and lots of swinging on the favored swingset.

All and all it was a good time. It's over and I know the longer they are gone the more I will miss them. I need to post photos, but that will come. I'm going to a scrapbook CROP next weekend, but for now I am planning my spring break. That recliner is looking pretty good about now. I think a nap is just about due.

No comments:

Post a Comment