Friday, March 11, 2011

New Life


We had a little miracle yesterday; a new life entered our farm. Little "Courty" was born to our nanny "Lucy". Courty is a fine strapping young goat. He has a combination of his mother's Boer coloring and his dad, "Buddy's" Nubian/Alpine coloring. He was born on the same day his mother gave birth to three goats last year! He shares a birthday with a friend of ours as well.

I type this a day after his new life emerged knowing that all over Japan and the west coastline of America folks are suffering tragedy and death. It's hard to imagine an earthquake registering 8.9 on the Richter scale, but that's what they say hit Japan. I just heard that the tsunami was 33 feet tall that hit after the submariner earthquake devastated Japan at 3:00PM their time.

In the bible the Lord warned us that there were be earthquakes, wars, famines and drought in various places, but that seems so distant knowing it was written some 2000 years ago. When it happens and you're faced with the suffering and tragedy you become almost numb for a little while. I'm sure that's because our souls get so overwhelmed that we don't know what to do with all the frightening thoughts.

The Lord told us that HE didn't give spirits of or breath fear into us, but a Spirit of power, love and a sound mind. I have to cling to these words when fear is everywhere. I also cling to "I'll be with you in trouble" that the Psalmist recorded.

We definitely live in troubled and perilous times. Yeshua/Jesus said we would. He told us through the apostles and prophets that it would be dark in the last "days". I'm glad to know that ultimately all the suffering and sorrow will be wiped away. For today I can do little more than pray for those in perils way and those who have suffered to have a quick recovery. When our locals find the best way to help naturally I know we will be right in the mix. Again, for now I just pray.

I also know by looking at our little newborn goat and our pregnant goat Gracie that new life is only a little travail away. Spring is in the air and help is on its way to the many sufferers. We lift them up for help and healing.

Cerise

No comments:

Post a Comment