Friday, June 3, 2011

Anticipation Is Making Me Wait

Have you ever had something you were looking forward to with excitement? It seems to me that when I'm looking forward to something it seems to take forever to come! I have nine days to wait until our grandkids come for two weeks. I also have an order coming from the company I work for (Stampin UP) along with the new big Idea book! I love getting new things and ordering stuff online and waiting for it it a lot like my youth when we'd order from monkey Wards or Sears. We'd pour over the catalogs and dream of the neat stuff.

I remember getting a Barbie and with her came a teensy tiny catalog with outfits you could buy. I rarely could afford the outfit, but I didn't care because the catalog was an opportunity to dream. I remember the smell of the new Barbie and the smell of that tiny little catalog. Those memories bring warm fuzzies to me even at my age.

I have learned that the voyage is half the fun on a journey to an exciting destination. So while the excitement is making me wait, I'm relishing the wait as much as the actual place I'm headed to.

I know I will get to create new things with the stuff coming. I know I'll spend time going through that new catalog over and over and enjoy every dreamy moment. Why? Because I've done it before. It's no fun to me to get everything I want in the blink of an eye. I love the anticipation of waiting for something good. I love waiting for the imminent arrival of our grandchildren. I can hardly wait to see the looks on their faces when we disclose our vacation plans. They have no clue and I like it that way. I love the planning and preparing for the fun we are GOING to have. It's all part of the bigger picture.

Soon all of the things I'm looking forward to will be memories in themselves. For now I'm going to enjoy the ride. I hope you're enjoying your ride as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment