Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love it when a plan comes together!

SU Refill ink bottles
I've been busy planning the arrival of our grandkids and also a trip on the road. I put together "kid's kits" to keep them busy on the drive. I found a great deal at "Michael's"; art kits with crayons, colored pencils, paints, markers, pastels, eraser and ruler. They were clearanced for $1.99! I knew chances were good the markers were dry and voila, that was exactly what I discovered. I refused to take them back because the nice boxes were so full of other stuff they were still a good deal. I was looking at all the goodies when a light flashed in my brain. I went and got my Stampin Up ink pad refill bottles. I have all the refill colors for the current ink pads and some of the oldies as well. I had purchased two of the art kits so I went through both boxes and took the markers two at a time and daubed their tips with the refill bottle tips! Eureka the markers worked again!

So now the kids can have their choice of mediums when it comes to creating. I know it will take a long time to use all those refills, but knowing I can refill all the markers in our lives for the foreseeable future is nice. 

I love multiuse products. 


No comments:

Post a Comment