Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One More Day

I'm a bit sad this afternoon. I suppose I shouldn't be looking forward, but simply enjoying the day. My grandkids leave the day after tomorrow and I have no idea when I'll see them again. We've had so much fun, but their mom wants them home with her. I understand missing your kids. I miss my daughter all the time.

Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese and played for a couple hours. The kids had a blast and it was so fun to watch them running from one arcade game after another collecting prize tickets. The store manager was so kind. He worked on all the machines and when he earned tickets he left them hanging from the machines. The kids discovered them and followed him around like little squirrels collecting acorns. They ate very little pizza, but sure had fun trading in their tickets.

This afternoon we headed to the other house and they created with their art kits and supplies from my scrapbook room. Presently they are watching a new Spongebob Squarepants DVD we purchased for their stay.

Life is short and time with the grandkids is even shorter. They spend a great deal of time with the other side of the family, but we aren't as fortunate to live close. So we're squeezing every second of joy out of their stay. It's been an adventure and I'm going to enjoy tomorrow like it's the last day I ever see them. I won't waste one second.

No comments:

Post a Comment