Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fort Worth Fun

Time passes amazingly quick. A week ago Thursday I drove from Gardendale to Fort Worth for a Stampin Up Regional meeting. I don't love driving, but with a couple teaching CDs that hubby made and a new country gospel instrumental CD from Cracker Barrel I was set. I stopped in Abilene at their Cracker Barrel for lunch and before I knew it I had made my way to the hotel. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which was a very nice hotel (all but their continental breakfast.) the staff was wonderful. I watched "dumb tv", ate yummy Chinese food that was delivered to the hotel, and vegged.

Friday morning I packed up my stuff, drove to the Fort Worth Convention Center and then to a close by valet parking garage. It was a strange sensation to surrender my car keys to complete strangers!!!

I walked a couple blocks (craft tote in hand) and found my Stampin Up people. I had a great time meeting more fellow reps, crafting, reinforcing business skills and getting away from all the routine of the farm.

Shelli Gardner was there and during a lull in the schedule she posed for snapshots. I used my cell (why didn't I use my camera?) and had a gal snap our picture.




I am enjoying this part of my life. I have so many wonderful girlfriends I am amazed. God has really blessed Jeff and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment