Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Artsy Fartsy Fun

How many of us get to take a day and set up art supplies and play AND meet people of like ilk? Tonight is the second to the last day at the 2010 Permian Basin Fair in Odessa, Texas. I was gifted with a booth of my very own at the fair. I set up my artsy fartsy supplies and play while people watch.

I'm not intimidated by people watching me create. If what I make stinks I simply file it in the trash. If it works I put it out for folks to see. I guess I have the attitude that it's just paper and paper is pretty temporary. Why sweat the small stuff or the temporal stuff?

I have a full day tomorrow of playing artist in public (again at the fair) and then it's back to "normal". What is normal for me? I don't have a real regular routine. I have 12 goats, 24 or so chickens (they hide so I haven't had a true count for a while), 2 ducks and cat and a dog. My husband takes the morning feeding shift sometimes and I take it others. He comes and goes as he is a "circuit riding preacher/missionary" so he leaves at different times to travel around his "circuit". When hubby is gone I care for the critters 24/7, when he is home he cares for them and I get my exercise by walking the farm and moving bales of hay or cleaning the chicken house.

It's the end of summer and I'm thrilled. I really dislike hot and Texas is hot during the summer.
I'm looking forward to fall as the temperature drops and life outside is more bearable.

I'm headed to town to play and then prep for more play tonight. It's going to be a good Friday. I see myself making cute owl cards tonight and maybe a bookmark or two. I know two little girls whose daddy has a booth. They get bored just sitting watching him, so they'll be over wanting to play with the artsy fartsy supplies as well. Should be fun times. Perhaps if I bring extra chairs more people will sit down and play with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment