Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set.....


Hubby and I are preparing for a little R & R get away. I so love "playing" with my husband. This year we decided to celebrate Octoberfest in the hill country of Texas. I decided I needed a drindl (traditional German garb for women) so started hunting for one my size. After seeing the price of the little darlings I decided to make one. Then after I finally found a pattern that appeared to fit I found a friend who tailors and make clothing sought out her help. She said, "yes" and we were off. I chose coordinating "clown" fabrics for the dress so that I could use it again when I got home! It's so adorable. Friends who can help and are willing to do so are so rare! What a blessing.

During all this fun I noticed hubby scanning the computer. Now mind you he does check email from time to time and writes articles for our ministry newsletter, but on the whole unless he has car issues he doesn't spend a great deal of time online. There was something different in his countenance while he surfed the web. I came over to where the laptop was set up and noticed he was on eBay looking for lederhosen (the traditional German garb for men). Boy was I surprised!!! I said, "Who are you and what have you done to my husband?" He was looking in earnest at them, but he just couldn't make himself press the "Commit to buy" button. Lederhosen are made of leather and are quite pricey! So just as it is with most of the larger purchases, I pressed the "Commit to buy" and the rest was downhill. He ordered a special shirt. Then he went to a local department store and bought knee highs in bright green. He had me find a traditional green fedora with the German accoutrement and order it. We ordered steins and now it's just a matter of a few days and we'll be off.

Oh I almost forgot. When I was looking for a hotel to stay at he said, "Find a B & B"! I'm still surprised at that one. So I found a tiny B & B cabin! Yay!!! The most exciting thing is that it has a tub. No more saying, "Calgon, take me away" in vain! I can actually buy bubble bath and use it! The idea of a couple nice long soaks in a tub is very soothing and yet exciting at the same time.

Last but not least I've collected everything I need to scrapbook the adventure. I have the album, paper, some embellishments and will put together a scrap kit this afternoon. I will take our little portable printer and print the pictures each evening. I don't know if I'll get any of it done while on the vacation, but I'll have what I need should the opportunity arise!

Oh, I almost forgot. I've been dreaming of German food too. I love jager schnitzel and wiener schnitzel and the "Lindenbaum" restaurant makes the best of both. I know there will be fun "oompah" bands, dancers, arts and crafts and so many other things to see and do. I can hardly wait.

It's almost time and I know both hubby and I are ready for this little trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment