Monday, September 20, 2010

Heralds Herald

God is the supreme gifter. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him. Everything we see was created by Him and given to us. His gifts are blessings or empowerments so we can accomplish His will.

As a herald I was created to herald whatever He wants heralded. To herald is to publish or proclaim. He wants His good news proclaimed. He has gifted me with many gifts in order to be effective in my heralding. I simply can not help but proclaim what He says to me.

It is challenging when folks either do not want to hear, are afraid of what is being said or are offended at the truth. I am tempted to be silent as far as the uninterested are concerned, but that isn't how God wants it done. He said "Go ye into ALL the world and preach the good news to every creature." I personally would give them just what they want...silence. Nevertheless, not my plan or way, but His.

The good news? That He loved the world so much that He gave (again with the giving) His only begotten Son. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have everlasting life. Sounds like a good deal to me, but millions are not taking it. Deal or no deal? It's up to each individual. To believe is to receive.



No comments:

Post a Comment