Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Anticipation

I'm normally patient but there are certain things that are harder to wait for than others. When I'm fighting some sickness I hate waiting to feel better. When I've seen something I like and then have the money to order, the peace to order and then I order it; waiting is really hard for it to arrive.

Right now I'm waiting for my bread to rise so I can pop it in the oven. I don't want flat bread, so I wait but I'd rather it rise fast and go in the oven without the wait. I have to wait about 30 minutes for whole wheat bread to rise to an acceptable size so staying occupied when I have plans pushing me can be a little challenging.

My husband is good at being patient in all but one place, in the car. I never seem him get impatient unless he has to wait for less then proficient drivers. He really gets pushed when people are on their cell phones or texting on their cell phones.

I get previews in my email from favorite craft designers showing things that will eventually be on the market. That can be a test to my patience, but I normally just push the items from my mind because I KNOW it will take an undetermined period of time for the goods to get out to the general masses. I keep the notices in my email boxes so I can refer to them when hubby is at our favorite scrapbook store. He always looks for new products by favorite designers.

Oh yes, when my husband is on mission trips I have difficulty waiting for him to return. So it is with life. We all have to wait for certain things. We have our own plans that don't fall in line with everyone else's plans and so we wait.

I think patience is a vital "fruit of the spirit". It has to be allowed to come forth from our spirits for others. It builds character to wait. It also assures us that we aren't lacking in any way; God said so in the Bible!

"Let patience have her perfecting work, that you may be entire lacking nothing."

When I get impatient I have to remind myself that the wait will always be worth it. If God said it by His Spirit to His family it HAS to be so.

Selah (stop and meditate) Cerise

No comments:

Post a Comment