Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Early Riser




It's dark thirty here on the farm and I just heard one of our roosters calling. The temp outside is below freezing, but we are toasty and warm here inside. We winteized the animal's quarters, so hopefully they are all safe and warm in their respective homes!

Today should be a busy but fun day for me in spite of my waking at 4:30AM! Tonight is my monthly paper crafting club meeting and we are making Valentines, or as I like calling them "love cards" for a local nursing home.

I really love doing things with girl friends, it's rather a new thing for me to have actual friends who are girls. I have avoided women as a whole for the past twenty or so years. I won't go into details about why, but am glad to have put that all in my past where it can stay.

I also enjoy the quiet of early morning. I can think without much to interrupt, except my little dog who tends to be an early riser as well. I can quietly read my bible and pray, prepare for the upcoming day and get alone with God before the day overtakes my plans.

I know others are early risers as well and are doing similar things. One doesn't have to live on a farm to desire the solitude of the wee hours of the morning. Living on a small farm is fairly new to us. We have only lived here about three years. I've lived in suburbia most of my life and always beat the sun up as far as early rising goes.

The rest of the world may be night owls, but we early birds like getting the worm (metaphorically speaking).

No comments:

Post a Comment