Friday, January 21, 2011

A Great Aunt

I like the ring of that; GREAT Aunt. I may not be a great mom or a great grandmother, but I am a GREAT Aunt. You can ask my niece Kristi!

How does one become a great aunt? Does she do stupendous things? Is she a supernatural phenomena? No, she is merely the aunt of a person that has a child. I like it when one can be great at something without having to prove a thing. Not that I want to sit on the sidelines and do nothing, but it's nice to be loved and appreciated by those you love and pray for.

Forgive my rabbit trail; this post wasn't supposed to be about me but about the newest addition to my natural family. My lovely niece Kristi had another absolutely adorable little boy. His name? Riley. I'm not sure how his big brother Tristan feels about his tiny brother's arrival, but the rest of us are pretty excited. I'm a Great Aunt several times over. My brother's two daughters have also had sons and one daughter! I think this is my sixth time at being GREAT!

I love my grandchildren so I know just how my sister feels. Hearing my grandson's voice on the phone is one of the best sounds I've ever heard. His first attempt at saying, "Grandma" was a total delight. He has nicknames for us; Gpa and Gma. I guess being "Grand" is good too. I like hearing "Grandma" from both of my grandchildren. It's a total delight.

My sister is blessed to live close and be close to her daughters. I know though she will be exhausted in the next few weeks she wouldn't miss a minute with her first grandson or her newest grand baby! Congratulations to all the folks in Riley's life! I'm one happy GREAT Auntie. I must simply find the perfect gifts to send my joy to the new parents and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment